WHAT: Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood. More than 41,000 blood donations are needed every day. A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S. Every day more blood donations are needed. The Shops at Tanforan and the Blood Centers of the Pacific invite the community to help reduce these numbers with a Blood Drive.
To be eligible to donate blood, donors must be:
• In general, good health, free of infection
• At least 16-years-old (16 & 17 year-olds need a permission slip signed by their parents to donate.)
• Weigh at least 110 lbs.
Checklist for preparing to donate blood:
• Wear comfortable clothing
• Donors should maintain a healthy level of iron in their diet before donating
• Bring a list of medications being taken
• Bring identification (either a donor card, driver's license or two other forms of identification)
• Bring a friend, so both can enjoy the benefits of giving blood
• Relax (blood donation is a simple and very safe procedure so there is nothing to worry about)
Blood Centers of the Pacific (BCP) is a community-based nonprofit organization that provides the link between those who give blood and the patients who depend on this lifesaving gift. It was the first community-sponsored blood bank in the nation, opening its doors in June 1941.
WHEN: March 24 from 2pm-7pm
WHERE: The Shops at Tanforan – Blood Mobile will be located outside of the drop off
area in front of Barnes & Noble.